Wednesday, November 19, 2014

PAPAYA AND ALOO CURRY


Green papaya is a very useful fruit, full of essential nutrients and enzymes to promote digestive health.
Since enzyme levels decline as the fruit ripens, raw papaya is preferred  to make the best use of all of its natural enzymatic qualities.


Yesterday morning when I was cooking lunch for my family , I noticed a green big papaya in my refrigerator. Should I make use of it? I thought. None in the  family has ever liked eating papaya at all. For that matter, not even the elders . They know all the benefits of the vegetable; but when it comes to papaya ...its always a NO!  :D 
Anyways, I thought of taking a chance and made it  in a different manner. May be they will like it. :)



Ingredients -
Papaya-1 medium sized, cut into cubes
Potato- 1small,boiled, and cut into cubes
Onion-1  small one,  chopped
Garlic- 1 tea spoon chopped
Green chillies -1 chopped
Pudina leaves- A few
Salt -To taste
Turmeric powder- 1/2 tea spoon
Oil- 2 tablespoon

Method-
In a non-stick pan ,heat oil, add chopped onion and garlic.Saute for a few seconds till the garlic and onion are done properly and have no raw smell. Add papaya cubes, salt and turmeric powder and mix well. Cover with the lid and let the papaya cook on low flame till it becomes tender . When the papayas are done ,add potato pieces ,tomato ,salt to taste . Add pudina leaves and 1/2 cup of water. Cover the lid and let it simmer on slow flame for five minutes. Serve it hot with parathas .Enjoy !

To continue with what happened next -

I made the papaya and alloo curry in the process described above and you will not believe , all had it.  Even my five year old son, said "badhiya heyichi , eyeta kana? "( What is this ,it is tasty ) I smiled :)

You also make the curry exactly the way I have described , and , I am sure, you will love to have a green papaya in your refrigerator always.  Happy cooking .






 

No comments:

Post a Comment