Monday, January 12, 2015

EGGPLANT, TOMATO AND BOILED POTATO MASH ---- BAIGAN, TOMATO AND ALOO BHARTA :)




I wish a very happy new year to all my viewers ! Hope you all enjoyed the winter vacation to the hilt. I am sure you all must have indulged in cakes , chocolates and high calorie food :) .That's ok ....but now you should all resolve to have a healthy lifestyle and eat the right kind of food . Healthy food is  not always bland or tasteless . You need to know the way to cook it or make it in the right way. :) Even a simple carrot salad can  taste divine .

My new year resolution for 2015 is to eat healthy and share healthy recipes with my viewers. I made eggplant ,tomato and boiled potato mash a few days back.It tasted good and the best part was that not much of cooking is required to be done to prepare it.

Traditionally we make only the eggplant mash at home .I have added tomato and potato for that extra filling for the people planning to reduce weight in a healthy manner.In addition to a restricted diet ,exercise should also be done on a regular basis.

Now coming to my simple and tasty recipe.. of 2015. It took a while to decide which recipe I should post ,so that my viewers will make a healthy kick-start of the year....

This is a traditional dish from my state, Odisha.....:)

Ingredients ----
Eggplant -1 large( barbecued )
Tomatoes- 2 large (Barbecued)
Potatoes-1 large (Boiled)
Salt - To taste
Green chillies- 2 (Chopped finely)
Onion-1 medium (Chopped finely )
Mustard oil-2 table spoon
Coriander leaves- A few

Method-
Mash eggplant, tomatoes and potatoes nicely .Add salt to taste ,mustard oil,chopped onion ,chopped green chillies and coriander leaves. Mix well and serve with steamed rice and dal tadka !!!!\\

**********





No comments:

Post a Comment