Friday, January 16, 2015

VEGETABLE STEW




Winter season and soup go hand in hand. It was a Saturday evening, very chilled and wet. We were watching the TV and no one wanted to do anything else. At 6 degrees  Celsius, you can't expect to run around the house. :) I have got a habit of usually cutting the vegetables for the day while the sun shines,  in the morning itself .
All off a sudden ,my younger one wanted to have something to eat . As it was already 5.30 pm ,I thought the dish should not be too heavy . I went to my work place and  took out the cut vegetables from the refrigerator and worked for a stew.

Ingredients -
Carrots 1 inch cubes- 2 medium
Potatoes 1 inch -    2 medium
Cauliflower -  1/4 small (cut into medium florets)
Onion-1 medium (sliced)
Green peas-1/2 cups
Beans 1 inch long - 7-8 pcs
bay leaf -1
Oil- 2 tablespoons
Refined flour (maida)- 1.5 tablespoons
Salt -To taste
Dalchini ( Cinnamon )- 1 piece
Black Pepper powder - To taste
Milk -    1/2 cup
Vegetable stalk -  2 cups

I switched on the stove ..(.and here is how I made it) -
Heat oil in a heavy bottom pan .Add  the bay leave , dalchini and the sliced onion. Saute till the onions become translucent. Add carrot, potatoes, beans ,peas and cauliflower. Mix well. Saute for 2 minutes . Add refined flour , mix well. Add vegetable stalk and let it boil for 10 minutes or till the vegetables are done .Add milk, bring to boil and serve hot .


When It was done, I served it to my family .They were all so very happy ! This dish is a soup with vegetables , perfect for a winter evening . What do you all have to say about this  friends ???? ;)
 Happy cooking

************


No comments:

Post a Comment