Sunday, January 18, 2015

HANDI SABJEE ( VEGETABLES COOKED IN HEAVY-BOTTOM PAN )

Firstly let me thank all my viewers who have appreciated my blog and made my efforts worthwhile in reading my page. Today I have joined the bloggers' league having more than 10k viewership. Thanks for being with me through this journey of mine.....Thank you once again. Happy cooking and stay fit !


Coming to my next recipe now ......


Weekends and it's usually something special. Particularly when you have two children, demand for variety of food increases . :) )
I have been thinking about writing on selection of menus on a daily basis. It sometimes becomes quite a bit of work, when you don't understand what to make for a meal . Anyways, as usual, it was a lazy Sunday . I had made rice and dal. I was listening to music. All of a sudden the phone rang ....My sister and her husband were coming to our place .
I rushed to the fridge to check availability of vegetables. They are strict vegetarians, so only option was to make a vegetable dish . :)
I had a cauliflower, peas, capsicum, paneer (cottage cheese ) and spring onions. With these vegetables I had to make a mix vegetable item. 
This preparation consumes around 30 to 40 minutes . This dish requires a little more oil than usual and more masala .  The taste is awesome and it is worth spending the forty minutes !
You make this and tell me how it turned out to be. Happy cooking and enjoy ...

Ingredients-
Cauliflower florets -2 cups
Capsicum -1 cup (cut into cubes)
Spring onion-2 cups (Chopped)
Peas -1/2 cup
Paneer- 200 gms
Onion-1 small (Chopped )
Salt -To taste
Haladi (Turmeric ) powder- 1 teaspoon
Garam masala - 1 teaspoon
Oil- 3 tablespoon
Cloves-3
Cinnamon stick (Dal chini)- 1
Whole cumin seeds-2 teaspoon

For the paste masala -( Grind into a fine paste in a grinder)
Onion- 1 large (Chopped )
Garlic-4-5 pods( Chopped)
Ginger -1 inch (Chopped)
Tomatoes-2 large (Chopped)
Green chilli-2 (Chopped )

Method -
Heat oil in a handi (heavy bottom pan), add cloves , jeera and  cinnamon stick . Add chopped onion and saute for a few minutes till they change their color to brown .Add the ground paste and saute till oil separates from the masala. Add the cauliflower florets , peas ,spring onion . Add salt to taste ,haladi powder and mix well. Cover the lid and let it cook on low flame with its own juice for 5 minutes . (In between mix the gravy so that it does not burn from the bottom ). After the vegetables are half cooked add paneer . Saute for a minute so that the masala gels well with the paneer . Add 2 cups of water and again mix well . Cover the lid and let it cook till the gravy is thick enough . When you get the right consistency, add capsicum . Mix well. Cover the lid for a few seconds till the capsicum becomes a little soft . Switch off the stove and add garam masala .Mix well and serve hot.

You need to have it with rice or roti ,

P.S- While making this dish you need to ensure that all the vegetables are not cooked very soft .They should be a little crunchy. 









No comments:

Post a Comment