Sunday, December 7, 2014

VEGETABLE KEBAB







"When did you start blogging ?" "When did you start cooking?" These were some of the questions put to me when my new friends had come over for tea to my place last week.....These questions set me walking, down the memory lane ...."I and kitchen"???? ....a sharp contrast-- during that point of time ! I started working soon after college . I had little time for the kitchen any day. Thereby my transition from an HR professional to a food blogger took a long long time --- nearly a decade .:D
After shifting to Hyderabad, I have joined a power yoga class . The class is a very intense one . :( The yoga teacher ensures  we are absolutely drained out after each session........we all make faces but we all know, he does it for our good . :)
Again let me come back to my friends....thanks to the yoga class, I have been able to make some good friends ...:) I had invited some of my friends for tea. It was time to decide the menu for the party. I settled for a few items including vegetables kebab. Kebab making is a tedious task . Takes nearly an hour to make the kebabs.  Another 15 minutes to shallow fry them ....:)  Made up my mind and kebabs were done for my friends.
Now time to share the recipe with the readers :)..


Ingredients -
Mixed vegetables -1cup ( Grated )
Cashew nuts -7-8( Crushed )
Raisins -7 -8 (Chopped )
Salt -To taste
Chilli powder - To taste
Garam masala -1 tea spoon
Maida -1 table spoon
Breadcrumbs -1cup
Oil -To shallow fry and to make the mixture
Onion and capsicum - Chopped for garnishing


Method -

Heat one tablespoon of oil in a wok . Add the chopped cashew nuts and raisins . Fry for a few seconds, you need to see that they don't burn. Add the grated vegetables and saute for a minute. Add seasonings, garam masala , chilli powder .Mix well and cover it with a lid .Let it cook in a slow flame till the vegetables are cooked .You need to mix in between so that it doesn't stick to the bottom of the wok. After the vegetables are done, add maida or plain flour and mix well. Keep the mixture aside , let it cool down completely.
Take breadcrumbs in a plate,  form  ball-size mixture in your palm. Press them lightly to make flat shaped,  like tikkis. Refrigerate for an hour .Take the formed tikkis out of the refrigerator. Take 2 tablespoons of oil in a frying pan,  slide the tikkis slowly into the oil , fry on both sides . Let each one
become brown on both sides. Serve hot with tomato ketchup or any sauce of your choice . Enjoy !!!










No comments:

Post a Comment