Wednesday, September 23, 2015

EGG CUTLET ( ANDAA CHOP)







'Sunday ho ya Monday , roj khao Andey" This was a popular commercial jingle  during our growing age in India.  It means whether it's a Sunday or a Monday, eat eggs every day.......The recipe which I am going to write about for you is all about an egg recipe. That is why the jingle rang. 😊....Somethings do not just fade away from memories....

Egg is a very good source of protein for growing children and sportsmen . This doesn't mean that others don't consume it but then if consumed, it should always be in moderation. My children like having egg almost everyday .It becomes very taxing for me to invent a new dish everyday ! .One day I remembered that when I was a child, my mother used to make egg cutlet for me . ( I really don't understand why this thought came to me so late , maybe because it's a cumbersome process ....hehehe)
Anyways, I  instantly called my mom to tell me the process so that I  could make it that day itself.....As usual my mom was upset with me that I was not jotting  down her instruction in a diary......😄
After listening to her I started with the preparation and in forty minutes, the egg cutlets were ready to be fried  when my sons would return from school.......
Now I come to the ingredients for this tasty recipe...

Eggs - Hard boiled
Breadcrumbs - 1cup
Oil - To shallow fry
Salt -To taste
Haldi  (Turmeric )- A pinch
Chilli powder - To taste
Garam masala - 1 teaspoon
Potato -3  ( boiled )

Method -
Boil the eggs and keep them aside to cool down. In the meantime boil the potatoes and add salt, haldi powder, chilli powder and garam masala. Mix well and keep it aside.
Now cut the eggs  into halves .Add a pinch of salt and haladi powder over the yolks. Now take the mashed potato and cover the egg evenly. Then do the same procedure with the other eggs too .Keep aside to set for 10 to 15 minutes.
Heat oil in a pan. When the oil is hot, enough simmer the flame , roll the cutlets in the breadcrumbs and shallow fry them .Serve hot with  any chutney or ketchup.
(You can even deep fry the cutlets in oil .)

********

No comments:

Post a Comment